Monday, 21 February 2011

When I Am Wrong

When I do something wrong, do me a favour.

If you have the guts to jeer at me or make some derogatory comment about what I did wrong, have the guts to explain to me what I did wrong, why I shouldn't do that, and what I should do.

Otherwise, there's really no point to making your remarks other than to release your frustration, which is absolutely your right, but like I said, do me a favour and teach me. Don't just say that I'm wrong and laugh at me.  Make me better. I want to learn and improve. I don't mind the jeering but I mind that you don't bother to follow up with a lesson.

Some things require more experience perhaps? Give me that time to learn. Don't assume I have as much knowledge/experience/skills as you. Be a little gracious, yes?

Do something that has positive results, not negative results. Help me, don't tear me down. No one has ever succeeded by being continually put down and discouraged, but many have succeeded because they had a friend, coach or teacher who continually edified them and built them up.

No comments: