Saturday, 1 November 2008

OMG!

*I received it through mail

The story rea l l y touched me and I hope it wi l l touch your heart too !


I was wa l king around in a Target store, when I saw a Cashier hand this l itt l e boy some money back.

The boy cou l dn't have been more than 5 or 6 years o l d..

The Cashier said, 'I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this do l l .'

Then the l itt l e boy turned to the o l d woman next to him: ''Granny,

are you sure I don't have enough money?''

The o l d l ady rep l ied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this do l l , my dear.''

Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes whi l e she went to l ook a round. She l eft quick l y.

The l itt l e boy was sti l l ho l ding the do l l in his hand.

Fina l l y, I wa l ked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this do l l to.

'It's the do l l that my sister l oved most and wanted so much for Christmas.

She was sure that Santa C l aus wou l d bring it to her.'

I rep l ied to him that maybe Santa C l aus wou l d bring it to her after a l l , and not to worry.

But he rep l ied to me sad l y. 'No, Santa C l aus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the do l l to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.'

His eyes were so sad whi l e saying this. 'My Sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she cou l d take the do l l with her to give it to my sister.''

My heart near l y stopped.

The l itt l e boy l ooked up at me and said: 'I to l d daddy to te l l mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait unti l I come back from the ma l l .'

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was l aughing. He then to l d me 'I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't forget me.'

'I l ove my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to l eave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my l itt l e sister.'

Then he l ooked again at the do l l with sad eyes, very quiet l y.

I quick l y reached for my wa l l et and said to the boy. 'Suppose we check

again, just in case you do have enough money for the do l l ?''

'OK' he said, 'I hope I do have enough.' I added some of my money to his with out him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the do l l and even some spare money.

The l itt l e boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money!'

Then he l ooked at me and added, 'I asked l ast night before I went to s l eep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this do l l , so that mommy cou l d give It to my sister. He heard me!''

'I a l so wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the do l l and a white rose.''

'My mommy l oves white roses.'

A few minutes l ater, the o l d l ady returned and I l eft with my basket.

I finished my shopping in a tota l l y different state from when I started.

I cou l dn't get the l itt l e boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a l oca l news paper artic l e two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young

woman and a l itt l e gir l .

The l itt l e gir l died right away, and the mother was l eft in a critica l

state. The fami l y had to decide whether to pu l l the p l ug on the

l ife-sustaining machine, because the young woman wou l d not be ab l e to recover from the coma.

Was this the fami l y of the l itt l e boy?

Two days after this encounter with the l itt l e boy, I read in the news paper that the young woman had passed away.

I cou l dn't stop myse l f as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funera l home where the body of the young woman was exposed for peop l e to see and make l ast wishes before her buria l .

She was there, in her coffin, ho l ding a beautifu l white rose in her hand with the photo of the l itt l e boy and the do l l p l aced over her chest.

I l eft the p l ace, teary-eyed, fee l ing that my l ife had been changed for ever.. The l ove that the l itt l e boy had for his mother and his sister is

sti l l , to this day, hard to imagine.

And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken a l l this away from him.

The va l ue of a man or woman resides in what he or she gives, not in what they are capab l e of receiving...repost it as a story that touches your heart.

- i cant find the orgininal sender...
May The Lord Always be With All Of You
-Amen-

No comments: